I have to be honest. I never thought I’d care this much about a tote bag. I mean, a tote bag??? But yes, I’m smitten. And not because I have to say that…I really did fall in love with this Vessel tote bag the second I saw it, but it was the first day I carried it that I really decided that this was one incredible bag.
I’ve been looking for a work tote that can hold my laptop, charger, phone, wallet, makeup bag, and any other incidentals. I’ve had three, and all three of them have ended up with frayed or broken stitching, torn lining, and looking like yard sale rejects. (This was mainly because my laptop and charger weigh too much for most tote bags, putting strain on the bottom of the bag.) But when I saw this glorious Vessel Signature Tote, I could already tell that it would not only be strong enough for my laptop, but actually protect it, too. Hallelujah!
Here is what makes this Vessel bag worth every dollar of it’s $175 price tag:
- The strength of this bag means you can haul virtually everything you need for work or travel without putting any strain on it.
- The bag has perfectly sized interior pockets for wallet, phone, keys, valuables, etc.
- There is a magnetic closure on top, which means no zipper required!
- It’s lightweight, which is imperative for carrying this baby to work or on a plane.
- Um, did you see it? It looks super sleek and stylish. Luxury apperance and goes perfectly with everything.
- The bag has a unique ID number inside. Your bag’s ID corresponds to the number of backpacks that have been given to help children around the globe gain access to an education and a better future.
- You can customize the exact colors and materials of the bag. (And they have some super sweet colors, I might add.)
This is likely the first and last time I will salivate over a tote bag, but it really is that wonderful. I have been carrying it everyday to work, and it’s a dream!
Now, on to what I have hiding in this magical tote bag. I have some new cosmetics that are just to pretty not to share. Hikari (which I already love because the brand name reminds me of my own name, LOL,) is a line of cosmetics that recently burst on to the scene. The packaging is modern and stylish, but it’s the colors that blew me away. I haven’t had a ton of success finding matte lip gloss that I love, but Hikari nailed it. It’s high shine, but not full of glitter and shimmer. I find these to be especially great for work (you, know, because matte looks more sophisticated,) or for older ladies who don’t want a face full of glitter.
My new obsession is the color Rouge ($13), the gorgeous neutral pink that is perfect for everyday. Also check out Metro and Devoted; Metro is another neutral bombshell and Devoted is deep color for fall. It keeps my lips soft all day long (fist pump!) and lasts longer than you’d ever expect from a gloss. You can wear it alone and it still provides enough pigmented color to look like a lightweight lipstick. The eye shadow palettes are some of my favorites, too, because they have coordinating colors already mapped out for you. (Plus, they are only $15!) The ones you see in these pics are the Zoe and Emma eye shadow quads; Zoe creates the perfect smoky eye with a hint of purple and touch of gold for highlight, and Emma has warm neutrals with a hint of peach for a natural look. Hikari may be new, but I have a feeling you’re going to be seeing much, much more of it on social media and in magazines. The colors are just too beautiful to miss having in your collection.
The other stuff in my tote? Sunglasses, packet of granola, and the TMZ app on my phone, because….Charlie Sheen, Lil Wayne, and Bieber.
Photography: S. Jackson