It’s that time again….time to start thinking about Mother’s Day. It’s basically a month and a half away, giving you plenty of time to plan accordingly. I love Mother’s Day because it honors ALL mothers,-whether yours is in your life or not-because we all know one somewhere that could benefit from a “thank you”. In fact, one of my favorite ways to honor someone on Mother’s Day is to give a new mom one of her very first Mother’s Day gifts! Many of my friends are having babies right now, and it’s an easy way to make them feel special and appreciated as they start this new journey in their lives. So, that brings me to my first gift suggestion:
- A Simple Book Of Firsts – Memory Book by Lucy Darling. These book of firsts stole my heart! Look how adorable and sweet the illustrations are….too, too, too cute. What I love about this gift is that new mom can easily record special memories without spending hours doing it. It’s a guilt-free, time saving way for a Mom to capture all the firsts that her baby experiences.
- Includes 2 pre-baby pages for photos, ultrasound and note to baby
- 3 pages for when baby arrives, spot for footprints, birth announcement and hospital bracelet
- 2 “your world” pages for photos of home
- 12 pages of month documenting
- 10 pages that include a family tree, favorite things, many firsts including holidays, etc
- 5 birthday pages
- 1 first day of school page
- Made in the USA
- Eco-friendly, soy-based inks
I seriously can’t give this gift enough. If you need a good baby shower gift, these are perfect for that, too. (Plus, Lucy Darling has even more swoon-worthy things you need to see!)
2. Personalized Cookies. Who doesn’t love a cookie, right? And then a cookie with your name on it just takes the sweetness to a whole new level! These are easy; it’s what you get for the Mom who already has everything. Rather than spend money on something she potentially already has or take up more space in her home, these cookies are a sweet and simple solution. Places like Williams-Sonoma and SugarChic make some super cute options.
3. Fabulous Rubs for the Foodie. Is the Mom in your life a grill master? If she loves combining grilled or smoked meats and vegetables with delicious spices, Hook’s Rubs and Spices make an awesome gift. They are made of all-natural ingredients sourced from farmers markets and spice companies. They are sweet, savory and smoky….does she love pork shoulder? Get her Smokin’ Sweetness. Mad Cow will be amazing on her world-famous burgers. (Just open the lid and take a sniff…they smell yummy.) These spices are allergy-friendly, too. So if Mom wants to take her BBQ game to the next level, Hook’s Rubs and Spices are a great way to do it.
4. Age-Defying Secret for Mom. I’m a fan of Nerium products, and this one is great if your Mom has any concerns about her age and keeping sharp. These supplements promote better cognitive function & overall brain health, improve memory and recall, and increase focus and mental alertness. It also boosts the immune system, which we all could use! This would be a great way to let Mom know you care about her health. You can always pair it with another one of their Age-Defying products, like the Age Defying Night Cream.
Okay, now that you’ve take care of ideas for Mom, how about a treat for yourself? Suki + Solaine makes this fabulous black Vogue Gwen Top that is as classically beautiful as they come. Made at their Chicago atelier, this top looks modern and fresh, and I love it tucked in and hanging out. I paired it with this gold pencil skirt, but it also looks fantastic with jeans, black dress pants, and a dress pair of shorts. Check out the entire Suki + Solaine website…all their designs are in classic colors that you can wear with everything. I can’t wait to wear this top again on the blog with jeans to show you how it looks when you wear it casually. And at the risk of sounding like a goofball, I love the touch and feel of it!
All right, friends….one more day and it’s Friday….
Photography: S. J