It’s the day after Easter, and I’m slowly recovering from my sugar coma. We ate a delicious brunch after church, which included five mini desserts: cheesecake, custard, butter cake, tiramisu, and apple crumb pie….in addition to the candy the Easter bunny hid around the house for us. Needless to say, the no-sugar diet starts today!
My Easter haul wasn’t all candy, though-I got some goodies from LUSH Cosmetics that smell just as delicious as candy, but don’t cause a sugar high. I fell in love with LUSH several years ago, and I was even more enamored with them after I realized their products are never tested on animals and they only buy ingredients from companies that do not commission tests on animals. Their products are vegetarian, made of natural ingredients, and created fresh by human hands! Does it get any better than that? Let me walk you through the awesome springtime LUSH goodies I scored this year:
- Chocolate Lip Scrub: This scrub leaves your lips soft and smooth, and smelling like your favorite candy bar.
- Easter Bath Bombs: There is nothing cuter than the Chick n’ Mix bomb….there is an adorable baby bunny inside! You can use the three pieces for separate baths, or throw all three in for a seriously yummy smelling soak.
- Which Came First? This bath bomb is another one with a secret…it has a little yellow chick inside! This one smells fruity and sweet.
- Bunch of Carrots: Bugs Bunny would go nuts for this one. Each carrot gives you a lemon-bergamot bubble soak. (If you have a friend that gardens or is into veggies, this one is a great gift!)
- Wash Behind Your Ears Shower Gel: This shower gel really surprised me. I have very dry skin, and almost always have to pour on a ton of lotion when I get out of the shower. This gel was moisturizing enough that even when I skipped lotion, my skin still felt soft! It contains jasmine and rose oils with a refreshing scent of neroli. Definitely a best buy.
- Golden Egg: This gorgeous golden glitter egg is toffee-scented with glittering gold. The glitter melts away in the water, leaving your skin super soft and feeling like you’ve just soaked in a tub of cocoa butter. Wrapped up as a gift, this one is a show stopper.
- Chocolate Easter Egg: Chocolate and lemon? Yes, please! This bar of soap is made up of lemon, grapefruit and vanilla with a little cocoa butter thrown in. I haven’t had a chance to use this one yet, but according to the online reviews, it lathers beautifully, leaves you squeaky clean, and you can still smell the scent hours after the shower!
If you find that you’ve spent most of your coins on soaking treats from LUSH, you can still order this cute blue and white dress for $17. (Everytime I wear this dress, I am asked where I got it. So, here’s the answer.)
I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Let’s kick off this week with a sugar-free Monday!
Photography: S. Jackson